Join Susan & David for a spectacular New Year's cruise on AmaWaterways AmaLucia
Best of Holland & Belgium River Cruise
Sailing round trip Amsterdam
December 28, 2023 – January 4, 2024
- Enjoy great food & drink with the best chocolates, beer & waffles
- WWII History buffs can view the sites related to the Battle of the Bulge
- Visit the famous Dutch Windmills in Kinderdijk
- Celebrate the New Year with a party onboard the AmaLucia
- Much, much more!
Best of Belgium & Holland New Year's Cruise
We've sailed thismmerse yourself in a feast for the senses as you travel through the Netherlands and Belgium. Taste rich Belgian chocolates and listen to the distinctive clanks and charms of mechanical instruments at Utrecht’s Museum Speelklok. Admire the beautiful architecture and artistry of castles that include Utrecht’s de Haar, Brussels’ Beersel and Ghent’s Caste of the Counts of Flanders. Inhale the aroma of freshly pressed Belgian waffles and Dutch street fries. As a diverse array of knowledgeable and gracious local guides share each destination’s unique history with you, you’ll return from this cruise having experienced the best of Holland and Belgium!
Sister ship to the award-winning AmaLea and AmaKristina, the elegant 156-passenger AmaLucia will be a warm, inviting ship offering plenty of space for guests to unwind when she debuts in 2021. From comfortable staterooms with twin balconies that keep guests well-connected via Entertainment-On-Demand, free high-speed Internet access and Wi-Fi, to the sunny Main Lounge, where delicious tapas will be served throughout the day, guests will have everything they need to enjoy their time spent on board. If an active mood strikes, the sun-deck walking track, pool with swim-up bar, fitness room and complimentary fleet of bikes will be available. Or you can take an invigorating class led by the professionally trained onboard Wellness Host. And, of course, the exquisite cuisine served in the Main Restaurant and at The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant will satisfy your every craving aboard AmaLucia.
Category AA or AB 235 sq ft. AA is located on the Violin deck and AB is on the Cello deck
Category BA or BB 210 sq ft. BA is located on the Violin deck and BB is on the Cello deck
Category CA 170 sq ft. CA is located on the Violin deck or the Cello deck
Category CB 155 sq ft. CB is located on the Violin deck
Category D & E 160 sq ft. Located on the Piano deck
Top 10 Reasons Why AmaWaterways Outshines Other River Cruise Lines:
- Ships are built with lower draft and less weight – This allows them to sail in more extreme water conditions. A common problem in river cruising is high and low water situations. AmaWaterways ships are less susceptible to these issues
- More Excursions Included – AmaWaterways offers an excursion in every port and a lot more choices – many lines only offer 1 excursion per day with limited choices.
- Bikes onboard – AmaWaterways not only has bikes onboard but they also offer bike excursions
- Local Wines – When in Austria enjoy Austrian wines, Budapest enjoy Hungarian wines. Other lines give you house wines or charge you a fee for an upgraded wine package.
- Chef’s Table Restaurant – Watch the chef prepare an amazing meal right before your eyes. This wonderful experience is included for all guests.
- Dining Room Oversized – No rush to be seated for dinner, there is plenty of room for everyone
- Less Passengers – AmaWaterways twin balcony ships are the same physical size as other ships but the Ama ships carry about 30 less passengers. When other lines have to bring out folding chairs for entertainment and informational sessions Ama can comfortably fit every passenger.
- A deposit of $400 per person is all that is required to confirm a reservation. Final payment is not due until 90 days prior to departure.
- Single Supplement Waived for categories D & E on Most Sailings (subject to availability)
- Family owned and operated
Double Occupancy Rates*
Deck & Cabin Size
|AA (french/outside balcony)||
Violin Deck 235 sq ft
|AB (french /outside balcony)||
Cello Deck 235 sq ft
|BA (french /outside balcony)||
Violin Deck 210 sq ft
|BB (french /outside balcony)||
Cello Deck 210 sq ft
|CA (french balcony)||
Cello or Violin Decks 170 sq ft
|CB (french balcony)||
Violin Deck 155 sq ft
|D (fixed window)||
Piano Deck 160 sq ft
|E (fixed window)||
Piano Deck 160 sq ft
*Complimentary category upgrade
Port Charges of $210 per person are included in the above pricing. Prices are for the 7 night cruise and are per person based on availability. Past AmaWaterways guests will receive their Loyalty Discounts. Airfare is not included.
Deposits: $400 per person $200 of which is immediately nonrefundable. Final payment is due 9/19/2023
Cancelation penalties apply. Your confirmation will have the full terms & conditions.
- Excursions – Small group guided tours included in every port. Bicycle and hiking excursions also available. You can also take a bicycle out on your own.
- Meals – Breakfast & lunch offers you a choice of buffet or a la carte service. Dinner is full service with several appetizer, soup, entree & dessert choices. All ships offer an alternative restaurant which is also included
- Beer & Wine with Lunch & Dinner – AmaWaterways is known for its wine. Each meal is specially paired with premium local reds and whites from Europe’s renowned wine regions
- Complimentary Sip & Sail Cocktail Hour each evening!
- Bottled Water – One of the most expensive things to buy in Europe is bottled water. Bottled water is great to take on excursions.
- Wifi – Included throughout the ship. In addition, each stateroom has in infotainment center that offers access to the internet as well as TV & movies
- Entertainment – An eclectic mix of local entertainment is brought on board throughout your cruise. They also have an onboard musician for all other evenings.
- Deluxe cruise accommodation in an outside stateroom
- State-of-the-art Infotainment System in all staterooms featuring free high-speed Internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library & English language TV stations
- Terry bathrobes and white-on-white plush bedding in all staterooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
- Bottled water and drinks of your choice in every stateroom replenished daily